December 15, 2011

My Book Boyfriend #1: Zachary

Boys in books are just better. Right? Well, let's put them to the test. 

My Book Boyfriend is hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader, and it's a weekly meme in which you choose a fictional boy that makes your heart all gooey and write up a post for him. For more information, check out the introduction post. For sign ups and Missie's choice this week click here

So. I have this problem with my fiction guys from books.. I fell in love with them (most of the time), but I can't never picture them in my mind. I know the color of their eyes, hair.. the way their body moves. But I never get the whole picture in my mind. So it's actually difficult to put a picture here, but I'll try, if not I'll stick with words :)


And here he is: Zachary from the Shade serie by Jeri Smith-Ready

And he is gorgeous! He has green eyes, dark hair. He is actually a good nice guy, which is funny because I always! fell for the bad guy. He also has a lot of patience. The most important thing? He is Scottish with a hot Scottish accent!!

Ok, lets jump to the point.. What got me into this guy?

I stared at the page in front of me. If I turned to look at him, it would be all over. I'd ask him to do it again. This time, put all the fingers in my hair and on my neck and my shoulders and- 
This was definitely not the sugar taking. 
"What do you think it is?" I heard the huskiness of my voice.  " I know what it is," Zachary said softly. "But I think you should figure it out yourself."
Shade, page 81

"Oh my God." I turned my face away in embarrassment. "I can't belive I just did that." 
He laughed. "American girls are so kinky. And Overrated."
"Hey." I grabbed his head with both hands and pulled him back to kiss me. 
This time it worked. Holy Father with a flamethrower, did it ever work. We fit together like we'd been kissing for years in some parallel universe that had suddenly intersected with the one we were living in now.
Shade, page 111

"Did you find it?"
"I found this." He knelt in front of me. "Put out your hand."
I kept my fingers clasped around my shins. "What is it?"
"Never mind." He put the item in his pocket. "If you don't trust me-"
"Hey." I grabbed the front of his jacket. "I trust you more than anyone in the world."
Zachary's gaze dropped to my hand, then rose, bruning, into my eyes. "So what are we doing?"
"Nothing. That's the problem." I pulled him to kiss me.
Thout my aim was slightly off, and our lips were cold and chapped, I knew in an instant that this was right. Zachary fit me, like the answer to an equation I'd forgotten how to solve. His groan of relief told me he felt it,too. He slid his around my back, and pressed against him - as much as my parka would allow - wanting to sink into his warnth. I wanted this perfect rightness never to end. 
Which od course it did. He broke the kiss, holding my face in his hands. "What do we do?"
My teeth chattered. "Go make out where it's warm?"
"I don't mean right now." Zachary glanced over at the car. "Though that's no' a bad idea." He shook his had. "We'd be too comfortable."
Shift, page 49

So now you can probably see what gotten me so much into this guy, huh? If you still haven't, you really need to read this book! ;)

So, which one is your book boyfriend of the week? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...