January 04, 2012

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout Review

Half-Blood
The Covenant #1
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published on October 18th 2011
Spencer Hill Press, 281 pages
Find the title on Goodreads

The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.

- GoodReads.com descripiton

Half-Blood. Well, I should say.. wow. The story is pretty amazing. Greek mythology, gods and super powers and stuff like that. Yeah, totally. ;)

Alex is a pretty badass girl, who is a half-blood and who fights daimons. After the death of her Mum, she needs to go back to the Covenant, to train to become a Sentinel. Well, she is in lots of troubles. Haha figured! Our heroine has a very specific attitude – breaking rules and all of that, yeah!

Let stick to the point – her trainer – Aiden. Oh my gosh!! <3 <3 Oh yeah. He is protective, hot, nice, friendly, sensible, great. Well, a perfect guy. And a pure-blood. Not good. The mixing blood thing - as in relationships - are forbidden. Too bad.

And then there is Seth. Wohoo a badass Apollyon, which means he is a half-blood, BUT with more powers than pure-bloods. Badass indeed.

The story in all kind of reminds me of the Vampire Academy serie. Our heroine Alex reminds me of Rose in a lot of ways. Also I felt very familiar with the sexy, hot instructor thing. The pure-blood/half-blood/daimons reminded me of the Moroi/dhampir/strigoi scheme. But then again, Vampire Academy is my favourite serie ever, and I miss Rose so much! That's why I liked this book so so much! The story kept me reading till I finished. It was so damn good.

So, if you liked Vampire Academy, then you'll really like the Covenant serie as well ;)

And I guess Jennifer is becoming one of my favourite authors so far. I am so in love with her writing! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...