January 18, 2012

Hallowed by Cynthia Hand Review

Hallowed
Unearthly #2
by Cynthia Hand
Published on January 17th 2012
HarperCollins Publishers, 416 pages
Find the title on Goodreads

For months part-angel Clara Gardner trained to face the raging forest fire from her visions and rescue the alluring and mysterious Christian Prescott from the blaze. But nothing could prepare her for the fateful decisions she would be forced to make that day, or the startling revelation that her purpose—the task she was put on earth to accomplish—is not as straightforward as she thought.
Now, torn between her increasingly complicated feelings for Christian and her love for her boyfriend, Tucker, Clara struggles to make sense of what she was supposed to do the day of the fire. And, as she is drawn further into the world of part angels and the growing conflict between White Wings and Black Wings, Clara learns of the terrifying new reality that she must face: Someone close to her will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning.
- GoodReads.com description
Unearthly was amazing! I've been waiting since the midle of November to read Hallowed! This was one of the books I was the most eager to put my hands one!

I've finished it in one day. I've finish the last page yesterday night at 1.30 AM. I then I couldn't stop thinking about it!! The book was GOOD!

The book overall it quite sad. Clara is put in a situation where she must face a dying person which she loves. And of course like most people, she's having troubles to acknowledge it. She is angry and mad at the whole world.

I must say, that in a way I was so disappointed in Clara, I mean, she could have won the award for stupidity. Because seriously, come on! If I know something about secrets, well, I know that if I want, I can share mine. But it's an entirely different thing to share others. These are no secrets for me to share – because they are not mine. And Clara did just that. I was so pissed off at her. So really pissed off.

I've been fond of Christian since the first day when he had take her to the nurse's office when she passed out. He was the one. And he gets even better in Hallowed ;)

There is also a lot of action. Of course Samjeeza, the Black Wing, won't leave Clara alone. Clara shows us how really brave she is. Through the book we can see that she is developing as a character.

Overall, this book is AMAZING! I really liked it. So, if you liked Unearthly, you'll love Hallowed ;)





PS. I know there was something weird about Jeffery. I just knew it!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...