January 25, 2012

Top Ten Favourite Fictional Couples in Books


It's Top 10 Tuesday (hosted at The Broke and the Bookish) and the topic is freely cloose :) So I've chosen one I've been dying to do since forever! And int topic is Top 10 Favorite Fictional Couples in Books!

Rose + Dimitri (Vampire Academy)
Because, God, we've been fighting 6 books for this! They were meant to be together!

Something about this new realization emboldened me. "No," I informed him. "You haven't.  You put on a good face, and most of the time you do stay in control. But sometimes you can't. And sometimes …" I leaned forward, lowering my voice. "Sometimes you don't want to."  
"Rose…" 
I could see his labored breathing and knew his heart was beating as quickly as mine. And he wasn't pulling away. I knew this was wrong—knew all the logical reasons for us staying apart.  But right then, I didn't care. I didn't want to control myself. I didn't want to be good.  Before he realized what was happening, I kissed him. 
Our lips met, and when I felt him kiss me back, I knew I was right. He pressed himself closer, trapping me between him and the wall. He kept holding my hand, but his other one snaked behind my head, sliding into my hair. The kiss was filled with so much intensity; it held anger, passion, release…

Clary + Jace (The Mortal Instruments)
She jerked hastily back to avoid stepping on it, and her shoulder bumped his—he put a hand out to steady her, just as she turned to apologize, and then she was somehow in the circle of his arm and he was kissing her.
It was at first almost as if he hadn't wanted to kiss her: His mouth was hard on hers, unyielding; then he put both arms around her and pulled her against him.
His lips softened. She could feel the rapid beat of his heart, taste the sweetness of apples still on his mouth. She wound her hands into his hair, as she'd wanted to do since the first time she'd seen him. His hair curled around her fingers, silky and fine. Her heart was hammering, and there was a rushing sound in her ears, like beating wings—


Katy + Daemon (Obsidian)

I forced a laugh. “I’m totally not attracted to you.”
Another step forward on Daemon’s side, and my back was against the wall. “You’re lying.”
“And you’re overconfident.” I inhaled, but all I smelled was him, and that did funny things to my stomach. “You know, the whole arrogant thing I mentioned. Not attractive.”
Daemon placed his hands on each side of my head and leaned in. A lamp was on one side of me, and the T.V. on the other. I was trapped. And when he spoke, his breath danced over my lips. “Every time you lie, your cheeks turn red.”
“Nuh-uh.” Not the most eloquent thing I’d ever said, but it was the best I could come up with.
His hands slid down the wall, stopping beside my hips. “I bet you think about me all the time. Nonstop.”
“You’re insane.” I pressed back against the wall, breathless.
“You probably even dream about me.” His gaze lowered to my mouth. I felt my lips part. “I bet you even write my name in your notebooks, over and over again, with a little heart drawn around it.”
I laughed. “In your dreams, Daemon. You’re the last person I think—”
Daemon kissed me.


Meghan + Ash (The Iron Fey)
But for now, the only thing I wanted was standing right here, looking at me with an expression so open and unguarded that I thought my heart would burst out of my chest. “Don’t leave,” I whispered, tightening my hold. “Never leave me again. Stay with me. Forever.”
The Winter prince smiled, a small, easy smile, and lowered his lips to mine. “I promise.”


Anna + Etienne (Anna and the French Kiss)
He looks up.

Our eyes lock, and he breaks into a slow smile. My heart beats faster and faster. Almost there. He sets down his book and stands. And then this—the moment he calls my name—is the real moment everything changes.
He is no longer St. Clair, everyone’s pal, everyone’s friend.
He is Étienne. Étienne, like the night we met. He is Étienne; he is my friend.
He is so much more.
Étienne. My feet trip in three syllables. É-ti-enne, É-ti-enne, É-ti-enne. His name coats my tongue like melting chocolate. He is so beautiful, so perfect.
My throat catches as he opens his arms and wraps me in a hug. My heart pounds furiously, and I’m embarrassed, because I know he feels it. We break apart, and I stagger backward. He catches me before I fall down the stairs.
“Whoa,” he says. But I don’t think he means me falling.

Sophie + Archer (Hex Hall)
I shook my head, confused, until what he was saying dawned on me. "What, you think I told Elodie what you said about wanting to spend the ball with me so that she'd dump you and I could have you all to myself?" When he didn't say anything, I gave him a light shove. "Get over yourself," I nearly snarled. I tried to walk past him, but he caught my arm, pulling me up short so that I nearly collided with him.
For a few charged seconds we froze, glaring at each other, breathing hard. I saw his eyes darken just a little, like Jenna's had the day she'd seen my blood. But this was a different kind of hunger; one I felt too.
I didn't let myself think. I just leaned forward and pressed my lips to his.


Abby + Travis (Beautiful Disaster)
“Are we still going bowling tonight?” I asked, wondering if the invitation was just to get some alone time with me that he no longer needed.

“Well, hell yeah! I’m gonna kick your ass, too!”
I narrowed my eyes at him. “Not this time you’re not. I have a new superpower.”
He laughed. “And what’s that? Harsh language?”
I leaned over to kiss his neck once, and then ran my tongue up to his ear, kissing his earlobe. He froze in place.
“Distraction,” I breathed into his ear.
He grabbed my arms and flipped me onto my back. “You’re going to miss another class.”

Aura + Zachary (Shade)
"No, it's pure confident. It's not 'I want' or 'I need,' none of that crap." He slipped his hand over mine. "It's 'I will.'"
A nervous laugh bubbled up. "You will, huh?" His fingers brushed my cheek, then slid into my hair. "I will."
Somehow, in the darkness, his lips found mine.
I should've been ready. We'd been dancing around each other for months, and we were, after all, in a situation of forced snuggling.
But my inexplicable surprise kinda made me blow into his mouth.
"Oh my God." I turned my face away in embarrassment. "I can't believe I just did that."
He laughed. "American girls are so kinky. And overrated."
"Hey." I grabbed his head with both hands and pulled him back to kiss me.
This time it worked. Holy Father with a flamethrower, did it ever work. We fit together like we'd been kissing for years in some parallel universe that had suddenly intersected with the one we were living in now.

Tris + Four (Divergent)
For a second his dark eyes are on mine, and he’s quiet. Then he touches my face and leans in close, brushing my lips with his. The river roars and I feel its spray on my ankles. He grins and presses his mouth to mine.
I tense up at first, unsure of myself, so when he pulls away, I’m sure I did something wrong, or badly. But he takes my face in his hands, his fingers strong against my skin, and kisses me again, firmer this time, more certain. I wrap an arm around him, sliding my hand up his neck and into his short hair.

Alex + Aiden (Half-blood)
“Stop this!” He captured my wrists easily. Actually, it was embarrassing how quickly he subdued me. This time he pinned me to the mat. “Stop this, Alex,” he said again, much lower.
I threw my head back, ready to plant my foot somewhere when our eyes met. I did stop then, with his face inches from mine. The atmosphere changed as one of the wild emotions swirling through me managed to break free and rear its head.
His lean torso and legs pressed against mine in a way that made me think of other things—stuff that wasn’t fighting or killing, but did involve sweating, lots of sweating. Breathing became difficult as we continued to stare at one another. His dark waves had fallen forward into his eyes. He wasn’t moving, and I couldn’t even if I’d wanted to. I didn’t. Oh, gods, I didn’t want to move ever. I saw the moment he recognized the change in me. Something shifted in those eyes of his and his lips parted. This was just a harmless, stupid crush. Even as I lifted my head, bringing my lips mere inches from his, I kept telling myself that. I didn’t want him. Not this badly—not more than anything I’d ever wanted in life.
I kissed him.
At first, it wasn’t much of a kiss. My lips just brushed his, and when he didn’t move away, I pushed harder. Aiden seemed too stunned to do much of anything for a few seconds. But then he released my wrists and his hands slid up my arms.
The kiss deepened, full of passion and anger. There was also frustration, so much frustration. Then Aiden pressed down, and I wasn’t the one doing the kissing. His lips moved against mine, his fingers pressing into my skin. After only a few seconds he broke off the kiss and sprung away from me.


OH, that was so so good! :) I totally love all these couples! The all make my day-dreaming so much better! :P

So, which book couples are your favourite? :)




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...