February 16, 2012

My Book Boyfriend #7: Dimitri

Boys in books are just better. Right? Well, let's put them to the test. 

My Book Boyfriend is hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader, and it's a weekly meme in which you choose a fictional boy that makes your heart all gooey and write up a post for him. For more information, check out the introduction post. For sign ups and Missie's choice this week click here.

Dimitri Belikov
So, girls, this is the love of my life lol. He is the other half of my best fictional couple. And the protagonist of my favourite love story ever written. He made me shiver, cry, scream, crave for more, broke my heart, unbreak my heart. He's got it ALL.

He is Russian. He has a sexy Russian accent. Amazing body. Chocolate brown eyes. Shoulder-length brown hair. Tanned skin. He wears a black duster which made him even more sexy. Passionate. Brave. He is like a God. Literally.




Let's see why ;)


My mentor then turned to me, a dangerous glint in his eyes. He didn't say anything, but the angry, disapproving message came through loud and clear.
And then it shifted.
It was almost like he'd been taken by surprise, like he'd never noticed me before. Had it been any other guy, I would have said he was checking me out. As it was, he was definitely studying me. Studying my face, my body. And I suddenly realized I was only in jeans and a bra—a black bra at that. I knew perfectly well that there weren't a lot of girls at this school who looked as good in a bra as I did. Even a guy like Dimitri, one who seemed so focused on duty and training and all of that, had to appreciate that.
And, finally, I noticed that a hot flush was spreading over me, and that the look in his eyes was doing more to me than Jesse's kisses had. Dimitri was quiet and distant sometimes, but he also had a dedication and an intensity that I'd never seen in any other person. I wondered how that kind of power and strength translated into2well, sex. I wondered what it'd be like for him to touch me and—shit! What was I thinking? Was I out of my mind? Embarrassed, I covered my feelings with attitude.
"You see something you like?" I asked.
- Vampire Academy



"Did you see that dress?”
"I saw the dress.”
"Did you like it?”
He didn't answer. I took that as a yes.
"Am I going to endanger my reputation if I wear it to the dance?”
When he spoke, I could barely hear him. "You'll endanger the school.”
- Vampire Academy


"You're always fighting for control. You're the same as me."  
"No," he said, still obviously worked up. "I've learned my control."  
Something about this new realization emboldened me. "No," I informed him. "You haven't.  You put on a good face, and most of the time you do stay in control. But sometimes you can't.  And sometimes …" I leaned forward, lowering my voice. "Sometimes you don't want to."  "Rose…" 
I could see his labored breathing and knew his heart was beating as quickly as mine. And he wasn't pulling away. I knew this was wrong—knew all the logical reasons for us staying apart.  But right then, I didn't care. I didn't want to control myself. I didn't want to be good.
Before he realized what was happening, I kissed him. Our lips met, and when I felt him kiss me back, I knew I was right. He pressed himself closer, trapping me between him and the wall. He kept holding my hand, but his other one snaked behind my head, sliding into my hair. The kiss was filled with so much intensity; it held anger, passion, release….  
He was the one who broke it. He jerked away from me and took several steps back, looking shaken.  
"Do not  do that again," he said stiffly. 
"Don't kiss me back then," I retorted.
- Frostbite


"Yes. And, so … that's a problem."  
"Because it's wrong for us to be together."
"Yes."  
"Because of the age difference."  
"Yes."  
"But more importantly because we're going to be Lissa's guardians and need to focus on her—not each other."  
"Yes."  
I thought about this for a moment and then looked straight into his eyes. "Well," I said at last,  "the way I see it, we aren't Lissa's guardians yet." I steeled myself for the next response. I knew it was going to be one of the Zen life lessons.  Something about inner strength and perseverance, about how the choices we made today were templates for the future or some other nonsense. 
Instead he kissed me.  
Time stopped as he reached out and cupped my face between his hands. He brought his mouth down and brushed it against my lips. It was barely a kiss at first but soon increased, becoming heady and deep. When he finally pulled away, it was to kiss my forehead. He left his lips there for several seconds as his arms held me close.  
I wished the kiss could have gone on forever. Breaking the embrace, he ran a few fingers through my hair and down my cheek. He stepped back toward the door.  
"I'll see you later, Roza."  
"At our next practice?" I asked. "We are  starting those up again, right? I mean, you still have things to teach me."  
Standing in the doorway, he looked over at me and smiled. "Yes. Lots of things." 
- Frostbite


Well, I wanted to put more quotes, but really, I decided against it. That would be too much spoilers for people who actually haven't read the serie yet. And I sure as hell, wouldn't want to destroy the excitement and the magic of this amazing serie. So, that's it ;)

What do you think of my book boyfriend this week? :)




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...