May 21, 2012

Open Discussion for City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

City of Lost Souls
The Mortal Instruments
by Cassandra Clare
Published on May 8th 2012
Walker books, 536 pages
Jace is a now a servant of evil, bound for all eternity to Sebastian. Only a small band od Shadowhunters believe he can be saved. To do this they must defy the Clave.  And they must act without Clary. For Clary is playing a dangerous game utterly alone. The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace’s soul. 
Clary is willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him? Or is he truly lost? 
What price is too high to pay, even for love?
- Backcover description

BIG SPOILER ALERT! If you haven't read the book, don't read this. First read the book and then come later to share your thoughts, if you want to ;)

Ok. I've been waiting for this book since July 25th 2011. I've been dying to read this book. When I finished City of Fallen Angels I almost literally died. It had broke my heart.

So, yesterday, I've finally got my date with Jace. The whole day. I was so happy. :) I wanted my date to be on Wednesday, but with all the kaos about my stolen purse.. The date got postponed.

City of Lost Souls, I must admit, was a disappointment. Don't get me wrong, I loved it. But there is just something missing. I don't know, maybe because I was so excited about it and I was expecting way too much. I honestly don't know.

Is it just me or has anyone else got the feeling that City of Lost Souls is, um, like an introduction for City of Heavenly Fire? But it was like 536 pages long? This is the feeling I got, when I finished the book.

This book was all about saving Jace. Don't get me wrong, I was so so happy when we saved him. But hell, the entire book was just about this. We didn't get to know nothing else. Yes, we got to know Sebastian a bit better. But then again, did we really? When I look back everything was a pretense on his part. Everything. He said it himself.

Clary. Ok, I must admit, in this book she was good. Way good. An awesome Shadowhunter. I was fascinated by her in this book so much. The way she fought. Against demons, against Sebastian and in the end when she stabbed Jace. Wow. I couldn't believe it. Yet, I had a feeling about this sword and the meaning of the angel.. well it wasn't really clear after all. And when her mother wanted her to leave Jace alone, because she thought he died, I mean, what the hell?! I wanted to scream »Leave her alone, Goddamn it!!« Thank God, there was Isabelle. I wouldn't have left him. Neither should have Clary. It felt wrong.

Her mother. Bloody fucking hell. I so don't like Jocelyn. She so didn't have the right to say those things to Clary. It wasn't fair and it wasn't right.

Jace. Oh, my Jace. This was such a pain to read. Reading about him, and yet, it wasn't really him. This was torture. And when it was the real him, he wanted to go to the Clave. So tipically Jace. Did he really think Clary would have let him? Come on. Well, I wouldn't have called Sebastian. I would have gone with him and then got to Magnus and the Team Good for help. They would have figured out something.

Alec. What on earth was wrong with him?! You can't claim love, if you don't know the basics of love. Like trust. Like sincerity. I don't get it. Really, I don't. Ok, I get that he has troubles to talk about his feelings, but damn it, to go to Camille for advices?! Hell no. And after Magnus figured it out, Alec still couldn't believed he was actually leaving him? Hello? How could he not? This was so so wrong. Alec did everything wrong. Poor Magnus. I felt so bad so him. :/

And another thing. How on earth did Maureen kill Camille?! She is, what, like thirteen. Camille was ancient. Not to mention very strong. And also.. did Raphael died as well? Camille wasn't the head of the New York clan. She wanted to be, but she wasn't. So this leaves.. what on earth happened to Raphael?!

And the end – about Sebastian's coming – yeah, big surprise there. Come on, wasn't it logical, that he will come? Big plan and all that.

And about Jace's glowing with heavenly fire? That was pretty hardcore :P And yet another thing.. again, they didn't let Clary see him?! What the hell?! She saved him. She loves him. And yet, everyone could go see him, but she couldn't. I would have been so so pissed of in her place. Seriously.

I guess, 2014 can't come soon enough. But at least this time I feel good about it. Jace is safe. We will figure it out, somehow.

So, tell me, what do you think about the book? Did you like it? What did you like? What did you dislike? What did you hate? This is an open discussion, so feel free to share all your thoughts ;) I won't jugde :P


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...