August 20, 2012

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout Review

Onyx
The Lux #2
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published on August 14th 2012
Entangled Teen, 366 pages
Find the title on Goodreads

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…
I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?
No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

- Goodreads.com description

You guys.. I've been literally dying to read this book since December when I finished Obsidian in one sitting. I would have given my first born child for having this book. Really. This is one of those series that you can't not love it. Wholeheartedly.

I thought Obsidian was pure awesomeness. But OMG Onyx didn't disappointed. At all. This book was as incredible as the first one. And it has a lot more action in it and I loved it!! It was like a roller-coaster of emotions and action and Daemon <3

In this instalment we kind of figure out that the Arum aren't the only bad guys in the story. That there are others who are a lot more mean that them. And you know why? Because from the Arum we expect that they are evil, from the other evil party we.. don't.

Katy. OMG Katy in the book was amazing. She was strong and willing and she demonstrated that she has a lot of courage. I admire her! But, she was also really annoying lots of the times. I mean, come on. "It's just because of the connection" yeah right. Why not admit that you've fallen for Daemon? I admit that I've fallen for him. The rest of the female population that read Obsidian admit it, why can't you? Duh. I didn't like that. She made some bad choices on the way.. and I didn't know how to feel about her - if I was sorry for her or just annoyed - like "told you so!" type :P

Daemon. Uh huh. My love. You will never fail to amaze me. Really, Daemon, marry me! Ok, lets stick to the review. Daemon. Well, he has changed. He is more honest, emotional and open. And he isn't the douche type anymore. At least not that often. He really did a great job showing her that he cares. *

And that dude, Blake, God I didn't like him at all. And I knew there was something off about him. I wanted to slap him and tell him to leave my favourite fictional couple alone for God's sake! But well.. Yeah.

Overall, Onyx is an incredible book, and an amazing sequel to the fabulous Obsidian. I really enjoyed this book and I would recommended it wholeheartedly to everyone out there :) This serie won't disappoint you, because it's freaking amazing ;)
“I always liked you. From the moment you first flipped me off.”

“That's the funny thing about trying to escape. You never really can. Maybe temporarily, but not completely.” 

“Daemon pressed his forehead against mine. "Oh, I still want to strangle you. But I'm insane. You're crazy. Maybe that's why. We just make crazy together.” 





* Daemon, I must admit that I like you more when you're the sarcastic type. But I guess that's just me.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...