August 05, 2012

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins Review

Sweet Evil
The Sweet Trilogy #1
by Wendy Higgins
Published on May 1st 2012
HarperTeen, 447 pages
Find the title on Goodreads
Book Depository - Amazon

Embrace the Forbidden


What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.

Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?

- Goodreads.com description

Sweet Evil is, there are no other words, damn worth it and amazing! This book has it all. Forbidden love, courage, mystery, friendship, family and so much more. 

Anna. Anna is such a sweet girl. She was raised to believe in good and in everything that it embrace. She is pure. And now her world has turned up side down and she is completely lost in it. And then there is Kaidan. Well, there is first time for everything, I guess. If you are prepared.. or not.

Kaidan. WOW. I love this guy! He's hot ;) And despite his up-brining.. he's good. Or I should say, he wants to be good. She helps Anna a lot. And he wants to be a better person because of her. But sometimes your will isn't enough if there is a system that repress you. Which I've found so so sad.

The writing is so beautiful <3 Really. There are so so many quotes that I loved and I will cherish them for a long time to come. The only thing that bothered me in this book, was the fact that I thought it lack in the story. I expected more action and more development of the story. But then again, it's the first book in the serie, so I suppose Wendy needed to leave something more to write in the books to come, too :) :P

Anyway, Sweet Evil is a beautiful book, and I highly recommend it to people who love paranormal, angels, demons, and forbidden love ;)
I threw my head back, submerged in the sensation. It was like a long-lost friend had found me and wrapped me in a cozy blanket. I wanted it to last forever.


"I can't have those things," I told him, still avoiding his stare.
"And I'm tired of wanting things I can't have."
My eyes flew up to his, and my skin sizzled as his words settled over me. I opened my mouth, but couldn't speak. His light eyes played chicken with mine, not backing down from  his claim. 
"It's too dangerous," I said.
"You are young." He didn't state it in a condescending way, but still bristled. "Someday you may agree that there are dangers worth facing."



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...