October 07, 2012

Reflected In You by Sylvia Day Review

Reflected In You
Crossfire #2
by Sylvia Day
Published on October 2nd 2012
Penguin Group (USA), 432 pages
Find the title on Goodreads
Book Depository - Amazon

Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity. We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession... 

- Goodreads.com description

It's 7.30AM and I still haven't gone to sleep, because I literally couldn't put this book down. Holy cow, this book is a roller coaster of emotions that will have you all messed up trying, no, struggling to understand what in the world is going on. Damn it, Syliva Day you did it again. My emotions are spread all over the place, and I seriously think I need to go to sleep to collect my thoughts, so I can write down this review.

Reflected in you starts where Bared to you ended. I couldn't believe the story could become even more complex and addictive and amazing, and oh, I was so wrong. Sylvia Day wrapped Eva and Gideon story in a way that I was left completely in awe. Something felt off and I couldn't understand what was going on, but I knew there must me something behind it all. And of course it was. The author is a complete genius. But it took me several break downs to finally see it. It was awesome.

Eva. Oh, my sweet Eva. My heart broke several times for this amazingly adorable character. I felt so bad. You know why I love Eva's character so much? Because she is so far from perfect. She has her issues and her traumas and she isn't afraid to say it out laud. She accepts reality for what it is, and she tries to face it anyway she possibly can. I like this about her. And also, she grew a lot in this book. I was so happy to see the change.

Gideon. I knew this guy was a complex individual. I did. But God, it was so fucking hard to understand his behaviour in this book. He played his part so well, that he almost fooled me. But I had something Eva was loosing every moment more.. faith. 

Reflected in you is an amazing sequel to this serie. I haven't seen it coming. So, I was really positively surprised. It was beyond awesome. And I've read it in one sitting, so you must figured it was really good ;) And the hot scenes were written perfectly. I wouldn't have it any other way. <3

So, if you're looking for an Adult book, full of good romance, hot sex, psychological issues, loss and hope for the better, Reflected in you is the perfect book for you! And seriously, I can't wait for the third book to come out! Sylvia Day really got me addicted to this serie.

"Doctor." Gideon set one ankle on the opposite knee and settled back, creating a picture of unyielding decisiveness. "The only way I'm keeping my hands off her is if I'm dead. Find another way to fix us."

I had to keep moving forward, even if I was heading in a direction I couldn't bear to go.

"We're so fucked up, and I've handled everything all wrong. We're going to kill each other with this. We'll tear each other apart until there's nothing left."



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...