October 15, 2012

The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa Review

The Lost Prince
Call of the Forgotten #1 
by Julie Kagawa
Publication date Obtober 23rd 2012
Harlequin Teen, 379 pages
Find the title on Goodreads

Don't look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them. That is Ethan Chase's unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he'd dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister's world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.

- Goodreads.com description



First of all I really like The Iron Fey serie <3 I think it's one of the best series ever. And I was so super excited about this one! And let me tell you, it is good ;)

Ethan. I really liked him. I also felt bad for him. All these fay messing around him – guess you could say it wasn't pleasant and he got into lots of troubles. But he was a good guy. And I was so happy when finally Meghan came into the story. I missed her so much. But I was so proud Ethan stood his groud and didn't just forget about the past 12 years, while she was gone. He was badass. Here he got all my respect.

Kenzie. Jesus, this girl was so annoying. At least at the beginning, I couldn't stand her. She was always sticking her nose into none of her business. After the middle of the book I started to like her though :P She was smart, had courage and was simply funny.

Keirran. Awww, sweet heaven this guy <3 Finally in this book we have a chance to meet Keirran and somehow you can sense where his genes come from. Anyway we meet all the main character from The Iron Fey in this book and I was really grateful for that. No one throws jokes around like Robin Goodfellow can.

The story, though, was pretty predictable. Sometimes I've got the feeling Ethan haven't even paid attention to what threats he got. Because he ran straight away in that direction. And lots of things were pretty logic to me, and I didn't study the Fey into details, so I was a little disappointed because of that.

Although, The Lost Prince was really good. If you liked The Iron Fey serie, then you should definitely check this book out. It's full of some great action, sweet romance, great memories <3, and vicious Fey. 

Besides, Mr. Creepy Faery had threatened not only me but my family. And that pissed me off. I was sick of running and hiding. Closing my eyes, hoping They would leave me alone wasn't working. I doubt it ever had.

Screw that. You want weird? Weird is having a nephew the same age as you. Weird is your sister having a kid, and not telling your family about him. Weird is being an uncle to a freaking half-faery! Forget weird, you are so beyond weird it's not funny.

"Hey," came a familiar, slightly annoyed voice from the top of the stairs, "not to rain on your little reunion or anything, but did you forget something back there? Like, oh, I don't know... me?"



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...