October 16, 2012

The Vincent Brothers by Abbi Glines Review

The Vincent Brothers
by Abbi Glines
Published on June 5th 2012
CreateSpace, 296 pages
Find the title on Goodreads

He may have given her up without a fight, but Sawyer Vincent is far from over losing the girl he’s loved all of his life. Instead of giving up his best friend and the girl he thought he’d spend forever with, he gave Ashton and his brother Beau his blessing. However, adjusting to seeing Ashton wrapped up in Beau’s arms isn’t easy. Complicating everything even more, Ashton’s cousin Lana is in town for the summer. Sweet, kind, soft-spoken Lana, who gets under his skin. Just being near her makes him forget all about Ashton and his broken heart. Lana is everything he wanted Ashton to be except she isn’t Ashton. She lacks the backbone to stand up for herself and confidence that Ashton wears like a crown. 


Lana McDaniel has lived her life in her cousin's shadow. While Lana struggled with her grades no matter how hard she tried, her mother praised Ashton's intelligence. She hadn’t been blessed with Ashton’s blond hair and flawless skin, but that didn't keep her mother from lamenting her naturally red hair and freckles. But none of that would have mattered if Ashton hadn’t always had Sawyer Vincent wrapped around her finger -- the only boy Lana wanted. Once Ashton let Sawyer go, Lana had been so sure that he’d move on. Determined to make Sawyer finally see her, she'd talked her mother into letting her spend the summer with Ashton. But Sawyer is still in love with Ashton, and Lana isn’t going to be anyone's rebound girl. No matter how yummy Sawyer Vincent’s kisses taste.



- Goodreads.com description

The Vincent Brothers was completely not what I was expecting. I thought I would fell for the boy like I did in The Vincent Boys, but surprisingly I haven't. Instead I felt such a big connection with Lana, the main character, that I would have never imagined.

We still have Ash and Beau in the story. Which I thought was so cool. But actually it was so not. Beau felt too overprotective toward Ash – which I haven't noticed in The Vincent Boys. Duh.

Lana. Oh, my sweet sweet Lana. I really liked her. She was going trough some big shit with her parents and she was really in love with Sawyer. She was so passionate about everything. And she was emotional, even though she didn't show it on the outside. I really connected with her. Some her thoughts, are thoughts I could have written. I really enjoyed her character.

Sawyer was a big mess in this book. He screwed out almost everything he could. I felt bad for him, I mean, I know it takes time to get over someone, but geeez, boy get a grip. Though it was so cute how innocent we was :P

Anyway the story was good. I've enjoyed it a lot. I've read it in one sitting. So, if you're searching for a book full of romance, moving on over your ex, and parents issues, The Vincent Brothers is the perfect book for you!

The tears trickled down my face and I felt my hardened resolve not to let my dad or my mother hurt me anymore melt away. How much was I supposed to take before I crumbled? Holding all this in was eating me alive.

My life was out of control enough. I didn't need Sawyer Vincent's help to break my heart. My dad was doing a fine job all on his own. I'd loved two men in my life and I'd not been enough for either of them. I would never be their first choice.

"You're right. It won't happen again. Because I'm done with trying to make people care about me. I shouldn't have to work so hard to get those that I love to love me back. No one else has to try so damn hard. No one. Just me. I've had it. If I am so difficult to want then I don't need anyone. I've managed alone this far. I'm freaking pro!"



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...