October 27, 2012

Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens Review

Thoughtless
Thoughtless #1
by S. C. Stephens
Publication date on November 6th 2012
Gallery Books, 544 pages
Find the title on Goodreads
Book Depository - Amazon

For almost two years now, Kiera’s boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she’s ever wanted: loving, tender, and endlessly devoted to her. When they head off to a new city to start their lives together—Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university—everything seems perfect. Then an unforeseen obligation forces the happy couple apart. Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source—a local rock star named Kellan Kyle. At first, he’s purely a friend she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship. And then one night everything changes . . . and none of them will ever be the same.

- Goodreads.com description

Thoughtless seriously wasn't what I expected. I marched myself into this book with excitement for all the hot steamy scenes and I was left with my mouth dry. Don't get me wrong, there were some pretty good scenes, but they just didn't sparkle. And I was so sad because of that.

Kiera. Geeez, you know there is a good reason why good girls shouldn't cheat on their boyfriend. Really. Because no matter what they do, they still are good girls. That's why cheating is for bad girls, because really no bad girl would have left Denny in the unknown for so long. I really felt bad for the guy. And Kiera, when she didn't know what to do and which choices to make. Grrrr she pissed me off so many times. And poor Kellan as well. I mean, if you cheat therefore you cheat, but then decide which one to pick, because if you won't, you'll only get to hurt them both and yourself in the end.

Kellan. Awww, this guy. This guy was amazingly sweet, honest, nice, caring, and a great musician. After all the shit that he had to get trough with his parents, as a psychologist, I really understood him. I felt that he really wanted to connect with people, it's just that he didn't know how, and I felt bad for him. Especially how Kiera treated him. He deserved so much better. Well, I think everybody does.

All in all Thoughtless was a good book. Not brilliant, but not bad either. Although, I think it was too long. All this drama and situations could have been avoided or taken action way before it was so late in the book. I really wish I liked Thoughtless more, but I guess I expected way too much from it and that's why I was disappointed.

Anyway, if you are searching for a good college romance book, filled with great music, a love triangle, somehow innocent sex scenes, and lots of tears and blushing from the main character, Thoughtless is the perfect book for you!
"You want to talk about it?"
I paused. "No."
He glanced over at the empty wine bottle on the counter and up again, at the glass I was just finishing. "You want some tequila?"

One single tear rolled down his cheek and the thing inside me broke completely. His pain, his suffering, awakened feelings in me for him that I had never felt before. I wanted to protect him, I wanted to heal him. I would give anything to take his pain away. The coldness, the irritation, the women, Denny, right and wrong - the pain in his eyes made everything else slip away.

But I couldn't. I nodded my head yes, and prepared myself for the one thing that had always terrified me... being alone. 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...