March 18, 2013

On Dublin Street by Samantha Young Review

On Dublin Street
On Dublin Street #1
by Samantha Young
Published on August 31st 2012
Createspace, 414 pages
Find the title on Goodreads
Book Depository - Amazon

Jocelyn Butler has been hiding from her past for years. But all her secrets are about to be laid bare…

Four years ago, Jocelyn left her tragic past behind in the States and started over in Scotland, burying her grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without attachments. Her solitary life is working well—until she moves into a new apartment on Dublin Street where she meets a man who shakes her carefully guarded world to its core.

Braden Carmichael is used to getting what he wants, and he’s determined to get Jocelyn into his bed. Knowing how skittish she is about entering a relationship, Braden proposes an arrangement that will satisfy their intense attraction without any strings attached.

But after an intrigued Jocelyn accepts, she realizes that Braden won’t be satisfied with just mind-blowing passion. The stubborn Scotsman is intent on truly knowing her… down to the very soul.

- Goodreads.com description

On Dublin Street was a nice contemporary romance read. I really enjoyed it. And it's New Adult, so that made it even more enjoyable :) And the story is settled in Edinburgh, where I am currently living and that was completely awesome!! I loved it! When I was reading about Joss walking about Princess street and her working on George Street I felt like "Awwwww, this is where I walk everyday! How amazing is that?"

Joss is a complex character. She has a very dark past and she struggle to not think about her parents and little sister's death. She pushes it away as much as she can, but sometimes traumas and distress surfaces in her everyday life. She is also very sociable and a really nice girl. I liked her a lot. 

Braden Carmichael is a character. Holy fuck, he was something. I mean, he genuinely wanted Joss, and even though she struggled not to fall for him, he didn't let her have her way. Which I found.. nice. He was strong and willing to prove the point that they should be together. 

All in all, this book was ok. I had some issues with it, but I can't really pinpoint the exact things. I feel just like I was missing something. Though, I must admit the sex scenes were mind blowing. ;)

So, if you're searching for a hot New Adult Contemporary Romance, filled with loss, new beginnings, love, friendship and fighting your fears, then On Dublin Street is the perfect book for you!

For once, I wished I wasn't so broken, so Rhian had a best friend who was strong and not afraid to love, to hold up as an example of what was possible. Instead, I was her excuse that she wasn't being irrational. I was her enabler.

"Joss," James was pleading wiht me now, "Talk to her, please. She listens to you. She thinks if you're happy being alone, then she'll be fine too."
Happy? I wasn't happy. I was just safe.

"This isn't funny," I bit out, probably overreacting... but I was dealing with a whole mess of emotions that HE had put me through the last few weeks.
Okay, I maybe put myself through half of them but I was angry at me too, but I couldn't have an argument with myself so HE was getting it!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...